Pokemon Penumbra Moon is a ROM hack/remake of the original Pokemon Ultra Moon game, created by Dio_Vento. The game was released on the 28th of December 2017 for the Citra 3DS Emulator. The main goal of this mod is to make the game tougher without excessively limiting the player.
The world of Pokémon Trainers has been completely redesigned in Penumbra Moon to boost the game’s difficulty. Every trainer in the game has been tweaked, and the level curve assumes that the player would use the Experience Share, implying that the player will level up quickly. Every Pokémon on the Trainers’ teams has a unique moveset while carrying various items. The Elite Four and Champion are both Level 100, and there’s no need to grind to catch up!
Read what’s new in the Pokemon Penumbra game edition, or jump straight to your Pokemon Penumbra Moon Citra 3DS ROM Download link.
- Pokemon Penumbra Moon Story
- Pokemon Penumbra Moon Game Features
- How to play Pokemon Penumbra Moon?
Pokemon Penumbra Moon Story
The player character is an eleven-year-old who, along with their mother, is traveling to Melemele Island in Alola. The player has two adversaries on their journey: Hau, a pleasant youngster who follows the player throughout the game, and Gladion, Lusamine’s estranged son.
During their travels in Alola, they complete trials that include battles with powerful Pokémon known as Totem Pokémon, and they come across several groups — a villainous one known as Team Skull, led by a man named Guzma; a more charitable one known as the Aether Foundation, led by a woman named Lusamine; and another known as the Ultra Recon Squad, who came from another dimension, the Ultra Megalopolis. Much of the plot centers around two legendary Pokémon: Nebby, a Cosmog who eventually develops into a Lunala, and Necrozma, who tries to take the light from Alola.
Game Features of Pokemon Penumbra Moon
There has been a lot of quality of life improvements in Pokemon Penumbra Moon compared to the original 3DS game. Everything available in Penumbra Moon’s Legit Build is 100 percent legal and legitimate for real online battles or exchanges.
- In the wild, every species now can carry at least one item.
- Every species with a Mega Evolution in their line can hold their Mega Stone in the wild.
- Pokémon that evolve by using a hold item have a chance to hold it in the wild.
- Pokémon that require a special Incense to produce certain offspring have a chance to use it in the wild.
- Certain wild Pokémon now hold 50 percent of the 10 Fossils accessible in Generation VII. Other Pokémon may also be able to hold Fossils.
- Poké Marts now have a new item called Restoration Wing. It recovers a Pokémon’s HP and conditions completely, but it cannot be used during combat.
- The name of Sacred Ash has been changed to “Revival Powder,” and it is now available in Poké Marts! Revival Powder acts as a Max Revive for your entire party, although it is ineffective in battle.
- To add strategic risk to their employment in battle, Revives have been nerfed to only heal 1 HP (Sacred Ash is unusable during battles). Keep an eye out for passive damage!
- Roto Boost now only merely increases Attack, Special Attack, and Speed.
- And much more!
Other Important Changes
- Tougher Level Curve: The game revolves around the use of the EXP Share, which allows for rapid advancement. It is not a good idea to disable the EXP share.
- All-new Trainer teams, and many with six Pokémon, created from the ground up!
- Captains, Kahunas, and other bosses are all equipped with six Pokémon!
- During the main adventure, every fully evolved non-legendary Pokémon (including Mega Evolution) will be encountered in a Trainer’s team!
- Totems pose a much bigger threat with new strategies!
- Trainers can use EV Training to improve their Pokémon’s abilities!
- While grinding is always an option, the curve is set in such a way that the player will be roughly even with all adversary levels if the optional material, such as side routes, is completed. If the player uses the Lucky Egg, Pokémon Refresh, and/or the Trade Bonus, they may get over-leveled.
- Penumbra Moon is available in four different builds! The availability of Wild Pokémon varies. The Expanded Build is the most popular because it expands the Pokémon available in Alola.
How To Play?
You can play Pokemon Penumbra Moon on a Nintendo 3DS, or on your phone/PC via Citra’s Emulator. There are 700+ Pokémon to meet and fight, including new forms. Defeat all the great Kahunas and earn your reputation across all of the beautiful and thrilling islands of the Alola region. Discover the Legendary Pokémon Lunala’s new Z-Moves, as well as their mysterious connections to the Legendary Pokémon Necrozma.
Then visit Ultra Wormholes to learn about the Ultra Beasts’ home world, meet every legendary Pokemon, and discover Ultra Megalopolis, a dark region where Necrozma has robbed the light. On the positive side, the Alola region offers new activities and landscapes to explore with the help of your supercharged Rotom Dex. You’ll need all the support you can get to stop Giovanni, Ghetsis, and the rest of Team Rainbow Rocket from taking over the Alola region!