Pokemon Photonic Sun is a remake of Pokemon Ultra Sun ROM hack developed by the renowned hacker group Buffet Salt and named after Necrozma’s signature attack. The game was released on the 25th of July 2018 for the Citra 3DS Emulator. The game has everything you’d expect from a hacked version, such as better trainers and the ability to catch any Pokemon you choose. The stats of the Pokemon are likewise balanced in the game, resulting in more even and challenging battles.
Keep reading to learn some nifty tips and tricks on the game, or just jump down to your download link for Pokemon Photonic Sun 3DS ROM for Citra.
- Pokemon Photonic Sun Story
- Game Features of Pokemon Photonic Sun
- How to play Pokemon Photonic Sun
Pokemon Photonic Sun Story
The player character is an eleven-year-old who is traveling to Melemele Island in Alola with their mother. On their quest, the player will face two opponents. The first is Hau, a friendly boy who will accompany them throughout the game. The second is, Gladion, Lusamine’s estranged son. During their travels in Alola, they face trials that include battles with powerful Pokémon known as Totem Pokémon.
They also come across several groups, including the villainous Team Skull, led by Guzma; the more charitable Aether Foundation, led by a woman named Lusamine; and the Ultra Recon Squad, who came from another dimension, the Ultra Megalopolis. The plot revolves around two legendary Pokémon. These are Nebby, a Cosmog who evolves into a Solgaleo, and Necrozma, who attempts to steal Alola’s light.
Game Features of Pokemon Photonic Sun ROM
Even though there are over 800 Pokémon, they are all over Alola in their respective biomes. Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon, like the base games, provide players with a few unique team-building possibilities, including very early Ice-Types and access to low-level Mythical Pokémon via USUM’s Island Scan feature – both of which are a little flawed but a lot of fun to utilize!
In addition, any Legendary Pokémon that were previously version-exclusive now hang around the Ultra Wormhole in both versions of the game (excluding the Cosmog line, which will evolve into the cover Legendary of the opposite version instead).
Note that Pokémon caught in this edition will not be legal to play online. But their offspring will be if they don’t learn any egg moves they didn’t have when they hatched. I wouldn’t recommend going online while using the hack, and while transferring Pokémon bred in the hack to Pokémon Bank should work, you do so at your own risk.
Rebalanced and Standard versions of Pokemon Photonic Sun are both available. The Standard version preserves all of the ROM hack’s quality-of-life improvements while removing the Rebalanced version’s moveset adjustments and stat rebalance. If you have the Pokemon Ultra Sun ROM downloaded, then Pokemon Photonic Sun’s ROM for Citra will blow you away.
Many Pokémon stats, types, abilities, and movesets have been changed in this version of Photonic Sun or Prismatic Moon, making many lesser Pokémon more powerful. The following are some of the new additions:
- Alola, go faster! Tsareena, Vikavolt, Decidueye, and other characters now have significantly improved speed stats.
- Shell Smash has been restored to Kommo-o, but this time it is open to the player!
- Golisopod can now have Shell Armor as a secondary ability, and Razor Shell is learned after it evolves rather than before.
- Toxic Thread, Ariados’ hallmark move, now severely reduces a foe’s Speed, Defense, and Special Defense while also poisoning them!
- Water Pulse’s base power has been increased to 80, offering Ice-Types more type coverage and enhancing Pokémon’s Mega Launcher power.
The Rebalanced edition includes five new TMs, all of which have a substantial impact on the game:
- You can teach Sucker Punch to a broad range of Pokémon thanks to TM59, even many from later generations who lost out on the move tutor.
- Any Pokémon that can learn Focus Blast may now learn Aura Sphere thanks to TM60.
- Many Pokémon can now learn Rock Climb, which is also a Rock-type move, thanks to TM67. Sheer Force and Tough Claws are fantastic together!
- You can now teach any Ice-type Freeze Dry with 95 base power using TM79.
- TM100 brings back the famous Curse TM from Gold and Silver, and it’s usable with every Pokémon that can learn TMs, just like the original!
- Finally, the rebalanced versuib includes many of the better movepool adjustments from Pokémon Sword and Shield (including thosevia Pokémon Home)!
Ultra Difficulty Changes
- The complexity of Photonic Sun is in overhaul, with new tools for both the player and their opponents.
- In contrast to the basic games, most trainers will have more than one Pokémon!
- Rising Stars, Ace Trainers, and Veterans will be a cut above the rest. So, expect them to put up a fight.
- Important characters will eventually (but not immediately!) pack full six-person teams. They will also completely withheld items, beneficial natures, and custom EV spreads.
- Totem Pokémon now have new and stronger auras, friends, and strategies!
- Players can switch their Pokémon’s abilities at will thanks to early access to Ability Capsules.
- Tweaks to in-game transactions deliver helpful items and stronger Pokémon just when you need them.
- It is possible to EV train Pokémon without having to grind! The Thrifty Megamart sells EV reduction berries for a low price.
- Before conquering the Elite Four, all TMs are available! The post-game TMs are highly expensive, but if you want them sooner, you can buy them at Tapu Village.
How to Play
You can play this game on a PC or a Nintendo 3DS. There are over 800 Pokémon to meet and battle, as well as new forms. Defeat all the famous Kahunas and establish your reputation across the Alola region’s beautiful and exciting islands. Discover the new Z-Moves of the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, as well as their strange links to the Legendary Pokémon Necrozma. Then go to Ultra Wormholes to learn about the Ultra Beasts’ homeworld, Meet all the legendary pokemon, and explore Ultra Megalopolis, a dark place where Necrozma has taken away the light.
On the plus side, with the help of your supercharged Rotom Dex, the Alola region offers new activities and vistas to explore. To stop Giovanni, Ghetsis, and the rest of Team Rainbow Rocket from taking over the Alola region, you’ll need all the help you can get!